Dr. Malkemus would love to meet you and your family and provide you with the dental care you deserve!
Dr. Malkemus is a cosmetic dentist in Rohnert Park. Dr. Malkemus offers proven technology that allows you to replace old silver and gold fillings with a more natural looking, composite filling. Composite fillings are bonded to the tooth and research has proven them to be about 90% as strong and healthy as natural tooth material.
- Beautiful in appearance
- Completed in a single visit
- No filling leaks
- Less chance of tooth cracking
In order to make a filling appear almost invisible to the naked eye, composite fillings are often used. These fillings are designed to match your natural tooth color and are bonded to your teeth, which makes them less likely to fall out. These fillings are used to replace older fillings made of silver or gold. Tooth-colored fillings have a more aesthetic appearance, can be completed in one visit, have no chance of forming a "leak" and are less likely to crack a tooth.
There are four different choices that you have when it comes to filling a cavity.
1. Composite Fillings - Natural tooth-colored filling, bonds to the tooth to provide added security.
2. Silver Fillings - Inexpensive and strong amalgam based filling.
3. Gold Fillings - More attractive than silver and provide for a better fit.
4. Porcelain Fillings - Also called inlays; the most attractive and durable of the tooth colored choices.